Thursday, June 30, 2011

The plan

I met with Dr. P today and we have our plan. It was a pretty simple consult, actually. We are going to start trying in October (or whenever Mr. W and I want to). I'll call her on CD1 of the month we want to come in, do our CD3 u/s and b/w and start 50 mg of clo.mid with a trigger and IUI. She didn't seem too concerned about any repeat testing which I'm glad about. She said that we'll get most of the information we need from the CD3 testing. I got pregnant with the boys on 100 mg of clo.mid and this is why we're taking the dose back.  We'll only trigger with two follies. Last time we had three. I'm okay with twins, but wouldn't want to risk three and I don't think I could do selective reduction. Actually, I know I couldn't do it so we won't be taking any chances.  I think we'll do three clo.mid and if those don't work we'll discuss being more aggressive.

Our insurance will cover 5 more IUIs so that is our limit. If it doesn't work then we'll be done.

My SIL is having a baby in November so I'm tempted to not start our first cycle until then. I don't know if I'm prepared to come off a potentially failed cycle just as she's giving birth. I think I would rather know that we're going to start trying and still have that hope.

3 comments:

  1. Always good to have a plan and this sounds like a good one! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great plan! Wishing you tons of luck =) Your timing thoughts about starting after your SIL has her baby might be a good one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! This sounds like a great plan. I think waiting until November might be a good idea.

    P.S. your boys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete