Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Weird and kind of scary

I was up last night feeding the boys around 3:15 a.m. At some point I looked out the window and I noticed a car had pulled into our development (I live in a development with less than 50 houses so we don't get a lot of traffic). I thought it must have just been a late night for someone, but I then noticed the car was parked on the street behind my house with the lights on for about 15 minutes. Weird, but no big deal. Except that this happened a few weeks ago. I noticed a car parked in the same spot with the lights on. It was in the middle of the night when I was up. At that time I thought it was a neighbor leaving early for a trip and might be looking for something in their car, plugging in directions to their gps, etc.

I also remember a similar car driving through a few nights ago. I only remember it because I thought to myself that they must have had a late night. Looking back I think it might have been the same car.

Thank goodness we have our dogs that would be barking at the first sign of someone being at our house, but I'm thinking I might just call the police to report it and see if they can up their patrols a bit and if I see them again I'm going to call right away.

And I'm certainly leaving the alarm on all day today!

3 comments:

  1. I think you should definitly report it and hopefully the cops can work you into their patrol. If you can try to keep a pair of binoculars next to the window so you can try to get a plate. It might be nothing but it might also be somebody casing the neighborhood. Good for you for being aware!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely report it because that is weird. It could be totally innocuous, but that definitely is the kind of thing that someone should check out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would also report it, it is kinda' suspicious. But also, it could be somebody's accident leaving the lights on. Doesn't hurt to get it checked out!
    Hoping it is something totally benign!

    ReplyDelete